Membership in ISID is FREE.
Over 40,000 individuals in 155 countries are members of the International Society for Infectious Diseases. They share an interest in infectious diseases and the recognition of the importance of scientific exchange that crosses all borders. They value connection with infectious disease research and activities around the world.
Any individual interested in infectious diseases may become a member of the Society for free.
Subscription to the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the official Journal of ISID, will be offered free of charge from June 1, 2011 to May 31, 2012.
Other benefits include:
- The Society's newsletter ISID NEWS which provides updates on ISID programs, meetings, and other activities.
- Subscription to ProMED-mail, an e-mail network providing up-to-date, reliable reports on infectious diseases outbreaks around the world. There is no cost for ProMED-mail subscription - available at http://www.promedmail.org .
Professional Development and Research Support:
- ISID Scientific Exchange Fellowship Program supports young investigators to acquire research skills and training.
- ISID Small Grants Program provides funds for research projects.
- SSI/ISID Infectious Disease Research Fellowship supports infectious disease physicians and scientists from developing countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select institutions in Switzerland.
- ISID/ESCMID Fellowship is intended for applicants from outside Europe, wishing to come to Europe for their fellowship, or for European applicants going overseas.
- ISID Travel Awards support outstanding investigators to attend the ICID and present their work.
- Guide to Infection Control in the Hospital, a practical handbook for the management of nosocomial infections and the development of hospital-based infection control programs.